Monday, June 29, 2009

First Visit to the Dentist

Andrew saw his first-ever dentist this morning. It did not go exceptionally well; he was a little wigged out by the chair and the equipment so there was no cleaning to be done, just a little exploration of the torture devices tools with the very patient hygienist and then a quick once-over by the dentist himself. We'll take him back again when he's three (and is able to reason) and hope for the best then.

We are really impressed with our dentist, though... we weren't charged a penny for this visit since nothing really got accomplished (the crook we went to in Texas would have billed us for the office visit and probably the souvenir toothbrush, to boot). The office staff called it a "happy visit" and said its purpose was mainly to begin the process of getting him comfortable with the whole dental thing in general.

Thanks Miss Melissa and Dr. Finkel!





2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cute! I think Danny was 3 when he went the first time. It went well, but we had done the same thing as you...he went once with me just to see what was going to happen. I of course, made it out to be the most fun thing I had done in years and I went on and on about how nice and clean my teeth felt. Ben hasn't gone yet. He's going to go with me next time and then we'll go from there. It probably won't go as smoothly as it did with Danny, considering the things I have to do to make him sit still for a haircut.

Make sure to take his sunglasses next time...that light they shine in your face is bright!

Lydee said...

awww! good dentist!