Thursday, March 5, 2009

And then there were six.

Here we go....

I am ecstatic to announce that Andrew will be a big brother sometime around September 21!!! Our family of five (hounds included, of course) will soon be one of six. Trips to Disney World will be much more successful; everyone will have someone to ride with. As planned, we will avoid both of the family situations we grew up in; no middle child like Jon, and no only child like myself. We have wanted this second child ever since we realized this having kids thing was pretty cool (I think that was approximately the morning after Andrew first slept through the night).

We officially found out January 7, as pictured above. Below, we have the ultrasound pic from the first confirming doc's visit on February 4. We saw the heartbeat in the little peanut.

Then, today, we got to see what looked more like a baby (and very much like an alien) and we HEARD the 150 bpm heartbeat for the first time, which of course is always especially cool. I'm 12 weeks along now, so it's looking like this kiddo is a go.
Of course, I have the routine old woman chromosomal testing in a month or so, so that's the only possible hiccup in all this happiness. Aside from that, the pregnancy has been a breeze so far; just like with Andrew, no morning sickness, just tiredness.
September just seems so far away....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the best birthday present you have ever given me!! I am so happy for you, Jon and Andrew. I know how happy this news is for you and the family. I can't wait for September to meet the newest Burbank...

Elle J said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I got chills reading your happy news! How exciting! Fall birthdays are awesome (both of my children are fall babies) and Andrew will have so much fun as a big brother. I can't wait to hear all your pg stories and to see this new little one. Best wishes and happy thoughts ...

Donna said...

Congratulations, MK!! That's really exciting news! Good luck with your pregnancy. May it only be smooth sailing. :o)

heather said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting!

Jenni said...

Congratulations to all of you! Very exciting news!

Rachael said...

Congratulations! How exciting. And, I agree, even numbers are best, but two is not the only even number! :)

Heidi Ho said...

WooHoo!!!! Baby Burbank is coming!!!...and a slow heart beat...that is right where Sophie was at that time...maybe a girl???? hmmmmm?????

Lori Deverter said...

Yeah! How exciting! You are very blessed!

Lydee said...

congratulations! may all go well!