Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Rigity Jig


Andrew and I just got home to Columbia from a 10-day trip to WV. I decided to take him for what will probably be the last solo time, because I officially start substitute teaching in the district here this Monday and it's off to the babysitter's for him.

West Virginia was fun and therapeutic. We visited Morgantown, Harrisville, and Charleston, and the weather was good enough to get outside a good bit. Here are the highlight pics:
Playing on his new 4-wheeler at Aunt Phyl's
Hiking at Aunt Rena's Down the slide at Tugboat Depot

Danny Connoley keeping the boys in line. We visited the Morgantown school where I taught music for 7 years and Andrew decided to help the Phys. Ed. teacher sweep her gym. I miss teaching with Debi! We had fun.

We had to check out the rail trail, of course.

Ah, out with the girls at Cheddar's. Miss them all very much.

We did visit the Welch cemetery, as always, but this is all Andrew saw of it. I got out of the car to chat a bit with Dad but Andrew slept right through it.


So, another fun trip over. The whole family will very likely head up there this summer, and we're looking forward to that.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We had a good time visiting with you! I'm glad the trip home went smoothly. I'm sure you're happy to be home!

Elle J said...

Andrew is growing up ~ he looks older in these photos. Do you see it too? What a sweetie! So nice that you had a chance to visit with your dad. I'm sure it was a special time for you to be alone. Hope your pg is going well!! :)