Saturday, January 26, 2013

Red Shoe 10K

On this 38° morning, Grandma Cathy took the guys to karate while Jon judged SC All State Band auditions and I ran 6.2 miles downtown in the Red Shoe Run!  Aside from a brutal hill in the entire first mile and again at mile 4, I had fun and raced my fastest 10K pace yet.  No, I did not wear red shoes... the race benefactor was the Ronald McDonald house.

The course.  Halfway through, there were officials holding signs for 5K finish to the right, and the 10K 2nd half in the other direction.  Oh, how tempting it was to just turn right!

Plenty of sweat (hence the elbows), even with the cold temps.

Jon and I don't have any races in the plan for February.  Our next will be the Saint Patty's Day 10K March 16, which is great downtown fun, and then the, gulp, Palmetto half on April 13.

No comments: