Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hope and Progress

Here's a sunset across from our house a couple of nights ago. I took the pic because I thought the cloud on the left resembled a teddy bear looking to the right. By the time I grabbed the camera, it had morphed a little bit, but the gist is still there. Not too shabby a view from the ol' rental house, if you ask me.

Baby mockingbird report: Here they are this morning, sleeping away. They are looking much more like birds and much less like aliens. Maddie and Dora are still oblivious, thankfully. I have only been seeing three babies, so I hope the littlest guy is just hiding each time I have been peeking in, and that we're not dealing with a survival of the fittest situation here.


Finally, here's Andrew trying to get through his ABCs a couple of evenings ago (the video lasts just a little over 2 minutes). His speech is not where we think a 2-year-old's should be, so next week we have an assessment with a therapist who will hopefully end up coming to the house to work with him once a week. It can't hurt.

3 comments:

Elle J said...

What a beautiful sunset picture!!

My son went to speech therapy before he started public school and it was so good for him. Every thing worked out in the end and he didn't have to be "labeled" when he got to Kdg. Way to go for going now ~ even if it is nothing major, it is important. My son LOVED the games and fun with his therapist; I am sure Andrew will too.

Lori Deverter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

I think you told me Jon didn't talk much for a while...like father, like son. Now, we can't get Jon to shut up. Just kidding! There's always something to worry about with these kids, isn't there? Brats, every one of 'em :0)