Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Eviction...

...of the estimated 8.5 pound boy residing in my belly is set to happen this Friday morning, September 11, as long as the hospital is not abnormally overcrowded that day. Yes, this is a fancy way of saying

I HAVE MY INDUCTION DATE!

The doc put it pretty much like this...You will be safely 38.5-weeks along, your kid is big and has a giant head, and we don't need him just sitting in there and gaining weight for a couple more weeks or so, so let's do this.

This news makes me really, really happy.

For obvious reasons, there are times Jon and I would have poo-pooed a September 11 birth date, but after considering all the factors here, it turns out that date will be okay with us. Lots of kiddos are born on that date, and will be forever. It is memorable and important and might even end up being a national holiday at some point. So, we are okay with it. Plus, that date means I will only be hugely, uncomfortably pregnant for another 2.5 days - a GOOOOOD thing. Of course, I was hoping to be scheduled for tomorrow (09/09/09) but the hospital was way booked. No numerologically unique birth date for this boy (unless, of course I do actually go into labor tomorrow, which would be super cool).

WE ARE HAVING A BABY ON FRIDAY!!!

So, say a little prayer for us, please. Even though I have been down this road once already, I am still pretty darn nervous about what Friday will bring.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Best of luck to you! Hope all goes smoothly. There's always a chance he won't come 'til after midnight - then it'll be 9/12. Of course, for your sake, if that happens I hope it's 12:01 a.m. and your labor is otherwise speedy and painless! lol.

Jennifer said...

Even though you've been through it before, I know you're nervous. I was too. Lots of unknowns. But one thing's for sure...your baby is going to be loved and cherished! I can't wait to meet him. You'll do great!

Elle J said...

How exciting! My first pregnancy I was scheduled to be induced on 9/12 but my water broke at 10pm on 9/11. Then she wasn't born until 6:30pm on 9/12. Still got the same bday, just not very easily. HA!

Any day is a good day for a birthday, so your thinking is good about 9/11.

Wishing you much luck and a happy experience in your delivery of YOUR BABY!! Ahhh ~ happy dance!! Can't wait for you!! :)

Elle J said...

9/10 ... what is on your agenda for today before B2B arrives Tomorrow?!! :) Thinking about you guys!

Lori Deverter said...

I'll be thinking of you all on Friday! Best wishes to you and your family!