Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Greater Expectations


Two months ago, we cleaned and staged the house to its most pristine state so a guy (hired by our realtor) could do a virtual tour video of it. He came, all went well, and we were told it would be up in two days. Two MONTHS later, no video, so I asked the realtor about it. She called him and set up another appointment for this morning (his equipment allegedly broke last time). Andrew and I spent all morning cleaning and staging again, and the guy never showed. AAARRRGGGH. I called said realtor and she made her usual list of excuses about how they need to hire another guy and he just told her his equipment was indeed working again and he could upload the ORIGINAL video. Kill. Do these people care about the trouble folks have to go through to get their houses into showing condition? Aren't we all professionals here, or am I crazy to be frustrated?


I ask you, are my expectations for fellow humans' punctuality and professionalism too high?


The GOOD NEWS is our house is clean now for at least two more hours until Andrew and the hounds have had their way with it. Also, I made myself feel better this morning by doing my own fastest-possible virtual tour of the house I had just staged. (I know it seems a little crazy, but hey - gave me something to do.) Follow this link for Our House in 45 Seconds and please feel free to comment with your thoughts:


3 comments:

Lydee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lydee said...

That is hilarious! And you have the dogs and little one sequestered away! Too funny!

Elle J said...

That was a whirlwind of a video; got a little dizzy! :) Very creative.