Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lots of Lasts

Last night was our last alone in this house. Now family is trickling in and it will be busy, busy around here until the lot of us fly/drive North next Wednesday. I had lunch with Hidalgo colleagues a couple of days ago and as we were saying our goodbyes at the end of the meal, it occurred to me (and them, no doubt) that I will very likely never, ever see these two people again. Bittersweet. Even though my style of late has been to complain about this part of the world, there truly are people and things I will sincerely miss about living here. But just as I begin to get a little misty about all the "lasts" Andrew and I are about to experience this week, I will remind myself that each signifies a happy and exciting "first."

1 comment:

Arlene Bennett said...

Yippee!! Only 6 days until MK is reunited with hubby and is closer to WV!