Wednesday, September 3, 2008

How about THIS with your morning coffee?



Stumbled upon this girl in the garage this morning as I was searching for box number 152. I'm certainly no entomologist, but am sure it's a black widow. First one I've ever seen "in person." Could've gone a while longer without meeting one. She's still living there as I type, because I was afraid to kill her this morning. That would have involved me getting much closer to her than I really wanted to. Just walked out, got the camera (thank God for zoom) and then left her alone. Needless to say, box number 152 is still lost and today was the last time I will ever venture barefoot into the garage. Do you suddenly feel the sensation of something crawling up your leg? :OP

3 comments:

Elle J said...

Ohhhh yuck!! I am squirming so much that my hubby had to come check out what I am looking at. That is the worst picture I've seen on Blogger!! :) I am so sorry she is taking residence in your house. Ugh! Oh, I am still moving in my chair.

Mary Kathryn said...

Oh, let me clarify.... we have a detached garage. IF this thing had been in a room actually ATTACHED to the house, death would have come to her much, much sooner than tomorrow morning, which is her set execution date. :O)

Jennifer said...

Oh dear God. I actually would have had a heart attack if I would have seen that. When I was about a month pregnant with Ben and in the big-time morning sickness phase, I went into my garage and there was a huge spider on the floor. I had to squash it. I threw up in my yard.