Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Delusions of Fitness

Jon and I signed up for a March 7 5K walk/run. The course is through one of our favorite places: the zoo. Jon will be doing the run and Andrew and I will be doing the hopefully aptly-named "fun walk." Since it's been a few years since Jon did a 3.1 mile race, and months since he ran at all (present blog-poster included), we had the following discussion this morning:

MK: So, you're running a 5K!
Jon: Yeah.
MK: Is this the kind of thing you'll be training for this month?
Jon: Um.... I won't drink the night before.

Perhaps our fitness goals are a little too lofty.

4 comments:

Elle J said...

LOL!! You guys are headed on the right track.

*Side note ~ THANK YOU for your nice comment on my post on 1/20. You would not BELIEVE the number of negative anonymous comments I chose to NOT publish. Did I say in my post that I voted for/against Obama? I think I was merely being neutral and stating the significance of 1/20/09 and hope for America's future. Gee! Your comment made me smile. :) Thanks.

Heidi Ho said...

I have delusions of skinniness....yeah...never gonna happen!

Lydee said...

oyi! pain, i feel the pain.

Rachael said...

Cracking up over here! Hope your race is aptly named after all. :)