Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Southern Snow

We awoke at 7:30 this morning to a nice little dusting of SNOW! Jon's district had already closed school for the day (LAST NIGHT by 6pm, before even a flake fell), so the whole fam got out together this morning in the 28-degree weather to check it out. It's the first snow in a yard of ours since we lived in WV four years ago. Andrew saw snow once this past December in WV, but this was the first time he actually got to touch it. Maddie and Dora never did before today. Gotta love the rare southern snow!


3 comments:

Elle J said...

Ok, and I thought our school district was bad for adding panic to snow, or threat of snow. Enjoy your snow day!! ;)

Jennifer said...

Funny. I will post some pictures on my blog when I get home...it has snowed so much here...everytime I look outside and it is still coming down, I get depressed. We had a 2-hour delay today but school should have been closed. I slid several times on the way...nothing like the possibility of careening off a cliff to get your heart racing first thing in the morning!

Lydee said...

yay! snow! very cool pics.