Sunday, February 8, 2009

Weekend in Charleston, sans Toddler

The South Carolina music educators met this weekend in Charleston, so I drove down to hang with Jon for a couple of days while Andrew stayed back in Columbia with Aunt Phyl and Jean. As an added bonus, Jon's school was honored as one of the featured performing groups this year, and their concert was amazing. It was wonderful being out and about among adults for our first visit to the beautiful, historic city. We learned a lot and had great fun. Jon's percussion ensemble also performed at the concert; here's a small clip.

Glen, the head band director, and Christy, his wife. Fun people!
This artist started and finished this painting during a world music group's performance.
The famous bridge
Peering out to Fort SumterFort Moultrie is in the distance behind me, although the photo doesn't depict it. Happy to be home this afternoon to see the little boy!

4 comments:

sophanne said...

I LUVS me some Charleston SC. I spent a couple of summers there- downtown market rocks!

FreyBoys said...

Isn't Charleston amazing!!! Glad you got to go sans toddler!!

Lydee said...

sounds like fun. love that painting too!

Theresa B said...

I love your smile MK! I wish I smile like that in pics! :)