Monday, July 6, 2009

Tales of an Insomniac

It's almost 4 am.

I am having a rough time sleeping these days. Did when Andrew was in the womb, too. I must have pristine sleeping conditions in order to get a full night's worth and if, God forbid, anything goes awry at all during the night (bark from a dog, train in the distance, violent kick from the inside), I am up for good and can't get back to sleep.

So, speaking of our resident two-year-old, he's had a rare, rough night and was up at 2. It's now after 3, and Jon has graciously moved to the guest bedroom to allow me free roam of the big bed tonight. After an hour of calming a child and surprising (and battling) a bug in the kitchen, I was finally ready to attempt to turn in (again). Here is how I just found our bed. Thanks, hounds. Thanks a lot. Please don't let me disturb you or anything.

6 comments:

sophanne said...

It cracks me up when they lay on the pillows like a person.

Jennifer said...

I, too, had a terrible night of sleep. Ben was crying at 3:30 and the rest of the night, I was tossing and turning, trying to get comfortable, poking Kevin to roll over (snoring) and trying to forget about the heartburn. I just keep telling myself, "35 days left". I am miserable and huge.

If Clark was roaming free in our house, I would not sleep at all. I'm impressed that your doggies don't bark at stuff. Honestly, I would hear Clark's toenails clicking on the floor and that would wake me up...I'm such a light sleeper! I also need perfect conditions to sleep well, like you said. I can fall back asleep after a disturbance, but I hear every little sound...which is a good thing, considering Kevin hears NOTHING. A tornado could come through the living room and he would sleep through it.

It will get better after that kid is birthed. Hang in.

Heidi Ho said...

I feel your pain. Haven't been able to nap today either....darn it!!!

Heidi Ho said...

I had to post again...the verification word of the day....

latookas

Use in a sentence..."Our Latookas are soooo darn tired."

hahaha

Lydee said...

:-( hope you have a better night tonight.

Elle J said...

Sorry for your sleepless night, but the dog on your pillow made me laugh and the look of "What?!" as if it is doing nothing wrong. Hopefully tonight will be better for you!