Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Some Quick Updates

  • Had a doctor's appointment this morning. I'm now on the every-two-week plan, which means this pregnancy is in its home stretch, which is a GOOOODD thing (getting a little uncomfortable here.... the 100 degree heat doesn't help matters).
  • This boy is a giant. He has a giant head - not in a worrisome way though (unless you're the one giving birth to him) and weighs around 5.5 pounds. Due date is September 21. You do the math. Lord.
  • Have I mentioned it's 100 degrees here? It's also only 11 am. Andrew and I will be heading to the pool this afternoon - DUH.
  • We do have a name picked out for the giant new kiddo, but we aren't telling anyone what it is. Yes, I know it's annoying. We're just weird like that. We want some glimpse of surprise with this pregnancy, since this time we already know the gender (something we didn't know in Andrew's case until he was born).
  • Andrew's making some strides with his speech. He's also having a hearing test next month just to rule out any possible issues there, although no one really thinks there are problems - just a precaution.
  • It's 100 degrees here. I'm going to splurge today and turn down the AC from 78 to 76. Yeah, you heard me. Spare no expense. My enormous girth gives me the go-ahead.

2 comments:

Elle J said...

I'm excited for you!! Happy Home Stretch and cooler days and nights for you. :)

Jennifer said...

This summer's weather has been so weird. Here, it has been cool and rainy. We have only had like 3 or 4 90 degree days. Personally, I don't mind, seeing as how I'm gigantic. But, it's almost too cool to even go swimming with the boys.

Hang in there...my baby is also a giant.