Monday, September 14, 2020

Post-Op Appointment

Today, Jon and I saw Dr. Craft (for one of the last times) at my check up. That's one of the weird things about this process - you get to know and really like your providers and then BOOM, they are out and new folks are in. I will see him in March, though, for my already-scheduled 6-month post-mammogram check up, so that's good. He calls the mammograms I'll have forever now "surveillance mammograms." 

All news is good, as I posted about on Friday. He confirmed the negative margins and negative lymph nodes and said it was about the best news we could have. The only thing he said he wished looked a little different was the tissue around the site he removed. But then he reminded us that is what radiation therapy is for - to take care of any possible weirdness left over that wasn't able to be detected through other means.

The incisions are healing great. He said 100% of patients develop a seroma where the tumor used to be, and just to call him if I experience any pain from that. He doesn't expect me to. It'll likely be gone in a month or two. 

He said I'll be on radiation treatments and hormonal therapy, and we don't know the time frame of these things yet until we talk to the two oncologists I will now see: Medical and Radiation. The radiation consult has already been scheduled for next week (I continue to love the snappiness of how this hospital system makes things happen)!

Still, the scariest part is behind me (unless I have to go through chemo, but we're not going there). Things are getting better each and every day. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm giving gratitude to Mr Benjamin Lee for all of his help in securing our loan for our new home here in Fruitland. You were organized & thorough & professional, as well as kind which made all of the difference in our interactions with you. We put our trust in you and you most definitely came through for us. Thank you for your patience as well as treating us as people rather than just home loan customers. You stand above the rest, I want to recommend anyone here looking for loan or investors to contact Mr Benjamin Lee and his staff because they are good people with gentle heart,Mr Benjamin Lee Email Contact : 247officedept@gmail.com



Regards,
John Burley! Our hats off to you!!"