Monday, September 21, 2020

the news you WANT

Kim, my nurse navigator, called this morning with some GREAT news! When it comes to cancer, any news considered to be great is definitely welcome (and often rare), so I started crying when she gave me the oncotype score. It is a 6 out of 100, meaning I do not have to endure chemotherapy (had it been around a 20 or above, chemo would have been seen as a potential benefit and would have been recommended)!

This is a stock photo, but I don't have an actual one of me jumping for joy, so it'll have to do. 

I am so happy that targeted radiation and oral hormonal therapy are the only other parts of treating this jerk cancer (I learn about these next steps this week and next). The low score also means the tumor was not considered to be aggressive and does not have a good chance at all of recurring. I am the happiest and most hopeful I have been since being diagnosed on August 4. Thank you, universe and people who pray.

Who knew getting such a low score on a test could mean such great things?

3 comments:

Whissem said...

God bless you. We love you and your bravery has led many of us to humble ourselves before God. God is good.

Andrea Hipps said...

YES!! This news absolutely made my day. I can't begin to explain how happy I am for you. Sending you a giant virtual hug!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news lady!��������