Monday, February 18, 2008

Perpetually barefoot? Not recommended.


This photo is circa April 2006 when two of my best buddies came down for a visit. We got pedicures one day and then headed down into Mexico for some food and shopping. Ah, such great memories [sigh].
Yesterday, I had my first pedicure in months. It showed, too, when the technician whipped out the Dremel tool to sand my foot into something resembling skin. Never before had power tools been (or needed to be) used on my feet. As a stay-at-home-mom, I am on my feet more than I ever was as an elementary music teacher (and that is saying something), and the feet usually have no shoes. Might need to rethink that one.

2 comments:

Heidi Ho said...

ohhhhh! Look at those lovely toesies! The skinny, young, youthful feet of all of us! Now I have swollen ankles and sock marks on my feet! Such is life I suppose. That was a really great memory! But remember, there are many more to come!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Those were the days--I wish I could've been there. Oh man. My feet are disgusting. Danny is constantly inspecting my heels and asking what's wrong with them. Ben is also concerned about them, but he is too interested in eating potentially hazardous/life-threating items to pay much attention to anything else.