Saturday, June 2, 2012

100 Miles in 100 Days

Schoooool's Out For Summer!!

My plans?

1. Get to know all my boys again.
2. Purge our house of any item we do not need or use.
3. RUN (hence the photo I just took and posted here).

I recently purchased a great Hal Higdon (running God) app for my Droid that tracks mileage with GPS.  He gives you a complete schedule and plan, including 3 short runs per week, 1 long run, 1 cross-training day, and 2 days of rest (always Mondays and Fridays). 

My summer goal of 100 miles in 100 days will be easily attained if I go by Hal's suggested schedule.  The 100 days start tomorrow (the first actual day of summer break) and conclude September 10.  I will also be running a half-marathon by the end of August (again, IF I stick with Hal).  This will ease my anxiety for my first-ever actual half-marathon that Jon and I will be undertaking at Disney World in November.
Jon and I have three races lined up this summer: July 4 (4-miler), July 28 (5K), and August 4 (5K).  One of them benefits the Heroes Vest Fund, run in honor of a local 5-year-old K-9 police dog who lost his life in the line of duty. 

I love running!  And summer break!  Woo hoo!

No comments: