Saturday, March 15, 2008

Got your gas mask? Let's take a ride.

BEWARE THE IDES OF A DISGUSTING CAR
The new car seat went in my 2001 Suzuki today, only AFTER Jon and I deemed it necessary to give the poor old girl a thorough cleaning. I touched parts of that car today that I know had not been touched since it was manufactured. I am a total car slob. So, I give you the following list......

JUST A FEW THINGS WE FOUND IN MY CAR TODAY:
  • About 10 pens and pencils
  • 3 soprano recorders
  • A copy of my 2002 WVU field study project
  • 3 old cell phones I have been meaning to donate to Cell Phones for Soldiers
  • A few french fries that carbon dating would probably place around 4 years old
  • Obscene amounts of dog hair - I vacuumed up a Chihuahua
  • A West Virginia road map with Gaston Caperton on the back as governor
  • A felt ring from some Monongalia County Schools cymbal stand
  • Refrigerator magnets
  • A nametag of Jon's from when he did the African ensemble with my WV students
  • A map Jon drew for my mom when she first visited TX in November of 2006
  • A pretty nice 3-hole punch

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yeah. My car is also always an absolute disaster which is compounded by the 2 sets of mittens, toboggans, jackets and car toys that are necessary with 2 little boys. Thank God it's spring and I can put the winter outerwear away, but now I know the car will be full of sunscreen bottles, Thomas the Train sunglasses, sun hats and beach towels that I will forget to take out after pool trips. Thanks for the birthday gift you sent Ben. Very cute clothes! And a fun magazine. Miss ya.

Mary Kathryn said...

Ooo. I am so glad he got both presents in time. You never know with the mail service down here.

Heidi Ho said...

Hahahaha! Another "discussion" Jas and I have toiled over....my sloppy car! Here's the very funny part....although many differences in our list..the irony are the similarities:
1. 20 or so pens and pencils
2. recorders galore!
3. food particles....all from McD's
4. part of my field study..cover page I think!
5. ONE of those DAMN felt rings from the cymbals...

How is that even possible???????

Now, my difference....easily 30 various water/pop bottles I tosse in the back seat and an etchasketch of my neices'.

Very funny!!!!

Mountain Mama said...

Good post! My car is filthy too.