Thursday, October 30, 2008

In honor of Halloween, some torture via vintage pics

At the moment, I can't seem to put my hands on pics of any old Halloween costumes of mine (how convenient, right?) but here's one of Jon (on left) and his brother Randy, circa late 70's, I'm guessing:
And while we're at it, here are the little sailors earlier in life, and it's not a costume (Jon's on the right):
Still not done - we like to tease their mom that these were the boys' Star Trek uniforms (she maintains they were actually expensive soccer outfits). Jon's on the left.
Oh, I did find one of myself (and Jon). It's Halloween 2001 and we had just started dating two months prior. We dressed up as each other (that's a Cadets tee I'm wearing). Uncanny resemblances, eh?


Done. Husband torture over. [Hope I'm not served divorce papers after this posting...]

5 comments:

Elle J said...

Classic first photo! Love the plastic like clothing and mask of the 70's. We thought they were so cool, didn't we?

sophanne said...

when it comes to trick or treat, those pix are real treats!

Heidi Ho said...

So...my question is this: How many halloweens is Jon in drag????

Tell "Velvita" (isn't that what you called him??" I said hi!!!!

Cute kiddo pics! Jon's mom definitely believed in theme dressing!!! hahaha

Mary Kathryn said...

addendum to the post....
...Jon has called me twice already this morning. His coworker, head band director Glen, printed out large versions of these pics and plastered them all over the band hall this morning. Plus, Jon just got scared by an enormous REAL spider that jumped out from behind some files - that one wasn't planted (allegedly). Yay, Glen, and the tricks on my hubby! Glad Jon's got such a great sense of humor.

Troy Greenwalt said...

Cool Halloween picture.