Sunday, June 1, 2008

As Promised: Stuff from the Purge

As I said, I'm going to do a few posts about the stupid, crazy things I unearth during the latest purge of stuff. For now, here are photos that made me smile for various reasons. Come on... take a trip down memory lane with me.

If only American Idol had existed 12 years ago! Here I am singing a Reba song with my dad's country/western band on January 1, 1996. That's Dad on the far left, playing bass. He died unexpectedly later that year.

Ah, the usual - me stopping to shush audience members at my own concert in 1999. Guess that's what you get when you try to edify people in a gymnasium.

This one is probably circa 1984. Nuff said.
Here are some wild 4-H members and me showing some skin at state camp in '90.

And finally, the only respectable photo of the bunch: one I took of Jon with the Vic Firth during the 2002 Cadets tour.

Uh dee bah dee bah dee... That's all, folks (for now). You can stop laughing.

4 comments:

Lydee said...

LOL! Love it! Can't wait to see more!

Lydee said...

in response to your comment, it's probably cause I'm addicted to the computer, at least according to hubby.

And I was out in my driveway singing at the top of my lungs not long after I posted those pics. Guess the wine at the bottom of the bottle is more potent.

Heidi Ho said...

Hey there! Love, Love, Love the pics. I know, I've sucked leaving messages, but I"m viewing almost every day! Now sell that house and getcha butt up here!!!

Arlene Bennett said...

The pics are great. I never saw a picture f your dad before. That must be a really sweet memory and a cherished picture.