Saturday, June 21, 2008

So Long, Auntie Christina


Misty eyes were all around tonight as we said goodbye to Auntie Christina. She flies to Washington state tomorrow morning to continue work on her theater grad degree, and she probably won't see any of us again for many, many months. Having her as such an important part of Andrew's first year has been amazing, especially since I am so close to my own aunts. She was a complete Godsend in so many ways, and will be missed!
We went out to Applebee's for the send-off, which was fun (and messy). Andrew did a little flirting with a server. Jon was proud.





3 comments:

Rachael said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and your nice comments.

I'm very close to my sisters, so my kids have lots of "auntie" time, which is good for everyone involved! My little sis got married and moved 3 hours away last summer and the kids were pretty bummed. But at least it's not TOO far.

I'm sure you'll miss Auntie Christina! (I'm assuming she's your sister. ??)

Arlene Bennett said...

I didn't know Christina was leaving! I'm really glad you guys had the great relationship you did in Texas. I know you'll miss her.

Mary Kathryn said...

I need to work on details in my writing skills (or lack thereof). She's not leaving for good - she just does the graduate thing in the summers.