Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Just a few things I've learned in the last 24 hours:

  • Apparently, someone needs to start a thread about being in love with The Office, and more specifically, the character Jim (I, too, have got it bad for Jim).
  • Most people who read this blog have been ready to give up cable at some point and will probably need just a few more undesirable cable company experiences before they, too, become hippies like the Burbanks and cancel that garbage.
  • A dip in a South Texas backyard baby pool is only refreshing for approximately ten minutes. After that, it's just nasty, grass- and bug-ridden 80 degree bathwater.
  • Taking a toddler to the Texas Roadhouse (why is it called that in TEXAS, BTW?) seems fun at first since you don't have to worry about food thrown on the peanut-covered floor. THEN, they bring out the birthday saddle and the perpetual YEEEE-HAHS startle your little one into total oblivion. Relaxing dinner OVER.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not alone on the cable thing. We have lived without cable for more than a year 2 different times. When we first got married, we didn't have it (but ordered it on 9/12/01 to follow the news coverage) and then when we first moved to Preston County. It was before Netflix, but we rented a LOT of videos. We also had an antenna and could get NBC very weakly.

Lydee said...

I am one of the 8 people left who are still using rabbit ears to pick up channels. we've never had cable cause I'm a certified bookworm, but we own a lot of movies. we can pick up 4-5 channels where we live. they haven't run cable out this way, so we may have to invest in satellite soon.

Elle J said...

My friend is so in love with Jim/Pam that she "seriously" thinks they are real and would like them to buy the house For Sale on our street. LOL. Completely LOVE The Office as well.

amy said...

MK - glad to hear that you have discovered The Office. I love, love, love that show. Chanler thought it was dumb when I started watching it, but I've always been drawn to it - probably b/c I worked for a Michael Scott! I love Jim and Pam. I love Dwight. I hate Andy. Argh, Andy! You mess up everything. But not you, MK. You are okay. Especially since you like The Office now. =)