Friday, August 28, 2020

BENIGN!

Good news! 
I spoke to the nurse navigator today and she told me some wonderful news - the second spot is benign! She went into some detail about what it actually WAS, and I tried hard to pay attention, but all that information is lost for the moment as I was freaking out about the amazing news that the doc just now has to focus on one spot, instead of two.

Bad news!
Because the news came in slightly after Jon and I were already on the road for the surgical consult, we cancelled enroute, since we needed this news to progress anyway (it's over a 30 minute drive each time we head from our house to Lexington, SC). So, some kiddo-sitting plans by Grandma and also Jon flipping his schedule around to chauffeur were all for naught. Minor, I suppose, in the grand scheme.

Next!
I have the surgical consult in 3 days, on Monday, which of course is Jon's first day of teaching and Andrew's first day of online learning for the year. Crazy times, but I believe we already know what the plan will be: lumpectomy with probable radiation treatments after healing.


No comments: