Friday, August 14, 2020

MRI and Birthday and Being OUT!

Today was a big one - the MRI. It was also Jon's birthday! So, he drove me there, and then we treated ourselves afterward. More on that...

The MRI: I got changed into scrubs and then they inserted an IV. I laid face down on a table with breast inserts and they played 80s music in my headphones. Halfway through, they injected the contrast dye via IV, and it felt a little cold, but didn't make me nauseous. It was extremely strange and weirdly interesting to feel the dye going through me, but the loud clicking and whirring of the machine was a welcome distraction. The scan itself only took about 20 minutes, and I couldn't wait to get out of there, so I sat up quickly when they rolled me out of the tube. Little did I know, the table had been raised. I almost fell to the floor, and gave the two techs and myself quite a bit of a scare for a second. But, all was well. They removed the IV and I was on my way.


Jon and I decided to decompress by eating out for the second time in 5 months (due to COVID-19 scares). We sat outside at one of our favorite downtown places, Cantina 76. The food and DRAFT BEER (been eons since we had that, too) was perfect.  

So, now, more waiting. All the "cancer club" (worst club to be in - no one wants membership, but once you have it, you need those people more than anything) sisters say the waiting for this result and that result is worse than any surgery or treatment. Gosh, I pray they are right. Next week, we will learn if I am BRCA gene positive, and also if today's MRI showed anything else that is a concern. 

So, tick tock.

1 comment:

Lisa Aul said...

You are so strong and I admire you so much. I love you and will keep you in my prayers. You got this beautiful!!!!!!