Saturday, August 8, 2020

Books


The book on top was given to me by my "nurse navigator," an angel who works for the hospital to keep all the different departments on one page of information disbursement for me. The bottom one was recommended to me by a dear friend who's been down this crappy road. They're both 300 pagers and I've devoured most of them. They are helpful, but there is also a time I need to stop reading, too, when all becomes a little too much.

And speaking of recommendations, one reason I am blogging about this is because of the positive, fearless stories I have read and listened to that have helped me cope so far. Stories from people I physically KNOW. If you get breast cancer, DEPEND ON THOSE WOMEN. They are angels. More about these folks in a later post. In MANY later posts.

I am totally digressing, but more angels are my beautiful husband and children. They are handling this news like champs, ever cheerful and optimistic, trying to keep me from going down the deep, dark rabbit hole. Love to ALL.

No comments: